Mio. The mattress that will reawaken the UK’s love of bedtime.
New British sleep brand Mio is promising to help the UK drift into a perfect slumber – by offering a single mattress that almost everyone will find blissfully comfortable.
The unique Mio mattress layers just the right amount of new generation latex-like foam and supportive memory foam to create a reactive, breathable and totally dreamy surface that its designers are confident most sleepers will fall deeply in love with.
“25 years in the mattress industry has taught us that nearly everyone wants the same thing,” says Mio designer and company founder, Angelo Albertini, “A mattress that’s not too firm, not too soft, and not too warm. That’s exactly what Mio is designed to deliver, while looking beautiful too”
And it’s not just the mattress that Mio is un-complicating. The company is also simplifying the whole buying experience by bypassing the often-confusing mattress showrooms and selling Mio directly to customers online, with free delivery and a 100 night trial period.
“You need to sleep on a mattress to test it properly,” continues Angelo. “You can’t do that in a showroom. We offer customers 100 sleeps to decide if Mio is the right mattress for them. If they don’t think so, we’ll collect it and refund them in full.”
So just how simple is it to take delivery of Mio a mattress? Very. Mio is compressed and roll packed using the same technology the company’s founders helped bring to the UK back in the 2004. It arrives in a 43cm x 43cm x 107cm box that’s easy to get through the front door and up the stairs. Which makes Mio much better than a traditional mattress in almost every way you can think of. Including the price, which starts at £399.
The Mio mattress is designed and manufactured in the UK and backed by a ten-year guarantee.
The Mio Mattress
- A single mattress, designed to provide the ideal level of comfort for almost everyone.
- Available in six standard sizes and suitable for any bed base or flat surface.
- Provides a springy, breathable sleep surface and full anatomical support.
- Combines just the right amount of premium latex-like foam and memory foam to deliver perfect firmness.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK, and backed by a ten-year guarantee.
- Compressed and roll-packed at point of manufacture for easy delivery.
- Mio is delivered free in the UK within 2 to 3 working days.
- Arrives roll-packed in a convenient 43cm x 43cm x 107cm box.
- 100 sleeps to decide trial allows customers to return the Mio mattress for free anytime within 100 days.
- UK mattress sales exceeded £682m in 2015.
- 3,500,000 units sold in first six months of 2015.
- Global mattress industry predicted to be worth £24billion by 2020.
- Foam beds, the fastest growing segment, makes up 20% of the market.
- Less than 10% of mattress sales take place online.
Angelo Albertini has been in the mattress industry totalling 16 years. In 2004 Angelo was instrumental in introducing the first roll-packed mattresses to the UK. Angelo is confident Mio will revolutionise the way the UK sleeps.
Media Press pack
Download our press pack containing brand logos and images here
For all press inquiries, please contact